Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Like Ghosts Under Rocks

I hadn't visited Ra Ra Riot(my favorite band from SXSW 07)'s myspace page in ages, but they're in The Virgins' Top 8, so after I had listened to the new Virgins album a few times, I decided to see if Ra Ra Riot had any new music up. And they did! I can't get enough of "Ghosts Under Rocks", which I'd only ever heard live before. Speaking of which, the only video I have of them performing this is like 15 seconds long! But here's a nice video of them performing it live at the Bowery this year.



I don't know what it is about this song, or this band in general. But I'm not surprised that they've listed their myspace profile under the categories "Healing" and "Easy Listening". Cheesy as it sounds, there's something in their music (and especially their live performances) that seriously just reaches deep into my soul. Like every song is a spiritual reawakening.

I was super sad that this is all I got to see of them at SXSW this year.



Mind you, this is with the zoom. Big tears.

P.S. Their debut full-length "The Rhumb Line" (recorded and mixed by Ryan Hadlock) is due out August 19. So forget yoga, fasting, whatever and just go out and buy the album this summer!

No comments: