Friday, March 21, 2008

SXSW 2008 Recap: The Black Ghosts, Cut Copy, The Duke Spirit

I swear I've never danced at SXSW as much as I did this year. Holy Fuck! and The Cool Kids were just a warm-up. The Black Ghosts (London) and Cut Copy (Melbourne) REALLY heated things up and even reversed my hot-weather-induced energy slump (I actually felt like the Energizer bunny after their sets were over).

Warning to future Karma Lounge showcase attendees though: their speakers by the stage are rank! They seriously emitted a smell comparable to sauerkraut and fish farts, so either stay clear or dance in their proximity at your own risk!

So after seeing those two, I barely made it into Buffalo Billiards in time to see The Duke Spirit's showcase. Even the last small bit I did see was sensational, and I am totally loving their new album "Neptune". I first saw them at SXSW in 2005 and this wouldn't my last time either!



The Black Ghosts @ Karma Lounge









Cut Copy @ Karma Lounge











The Duke Spirit @ Buffalo Billiards



No comments: