Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sundays Were Made for Rockin Steady

This week I downloaded RCRD LBL's current feature download, Santogold's "Your Voice". In this song, Santi takes the tempo down a notch and infuses it with a reggae vibe reminiscent of Junior Murvin's "Police and Thieves" (featured in the soundtrack of my British cinematic shoot-em-up fave "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels"). In fact, both of these songs are the perfect soundtrack for a relaxed, sunny Sunday like today. All I wanna do is take my ipod and portable speakers to the park, drink home-made mojitos and nap in the sun. After I hit the fleamarket, of course. Laters!








P.S. If you haven't seen them already, check out my photos and videos of Santogold's performance at the IHEARTCOMIX / Mad Decent SXSW Blowout Party here.

No comments: