Monday, April 7, 2008

SXSW 2008 Recap: Lou Reed, Moby and N*E*R*D @ Levi's/Fader Fort

After the Filter party on Day 2 I returned to the Fader Fort. The number of stylish hipsters had increased and the Lou Reed tribute was underway. Moby was the last artist in the tribute lineup and to everyone's surprise Lou Reed actually showed up on stage and joined in to play "Walk on the Wild Side". See the video below! Sorry it's not steady. I was a bit tipsy from the SoCo lime and couldn't keep my soulful swaying under control (trust me, trying to hold my arm up for that long was an accomplishment in and of itself). My video of N*E*R*D (who performed afterwards) isn't much better. In fact, it's a LOT worse because they got me (and the whole crowd) jumpin and dancin around like crazy mofo's. But I couldn't not try to capture footage of all the fun (and simply swaying from side to side just wouldn't do). So I suggest taking some dramamine before pressing play.

















Lou Reed and Moby








N*E*R*D





No comments: